Thursday, December 1, 2016

Candy Christmas Countdown


Since it's December 1st I'm in full Christmas mode at my house! I've got a 3 and 2 year old and so I'm wanting to make lasting traditions! I make those chain countdowns with them for every holiday, leaving them in charge of taking the chains off. I wanted to do something a little different for them this year. I've been in charge of a youth group before and they always loved making those candy countdowns so I thought my kids would love it too! I even let them help by adding the candies onto the saran wrap. As they get older I'll be sure to have them do most of the work.

I created a topper to go with it so feel free to print and add it to the top of yours!

HOW TO MAKE A CANDY COUNTDOWN

What you'll need:
*Seran Wrap-I like to use a colored kind
*Ribbon-I just use leftover Christmas ribbon
*Candy-Leftover Halloween candy would be fun, but I let my kids choose their own at the store. I got enough to put 3 candies in each "day"

What to do:
1-Cut a long piece of seran wrap and lay it flat on the floor.
2-Put your candies in a long row. Use enough candies for each day left til Christmas. I space mine about 2 inches a part.
3-Fold the seran wrap over and continue folding, making sure there are no holes.
4-Tie a ribbon at the very end and continue to tie ribbon in between each "day"
5-Print the topper, cut in half and staple to the top of the countdown.
6-Each day the kids can take the candy out of one spot. I would just cut below the ribbon above it.

Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment