Monday, January 21, 2019

5 SIMPLE TIPS FOR KEEPING A TIDY HOME

Growing up, us sisters had the mom that was constantly cleaning. I have friends that remember that my mom was vacuuming the first time they came over and met her. Coincidence? Maybe, but probably not since I know they had seen her clean many times after that. 

Chores we always had to have done: beds had to be made first thing in the morning, dishes couldn't sit in the sink, and rooms had to be clean (our mom haaated closed doors and she, of course, didn't want to have open doors into messy rooms). Obviously as a kid, I didn't love to do any of it. Now that I'm older and have a house of my own, I love these simple habits that help me keep my house in order. 

Here are some of those tips, plus a couple more, that could help you gain these habits and keep a tidy house yourself!


1. Make your bed!

Making your bed first thing in the morning sets the tone for the day. You start off the day on a successful vibe!

2. Always do your dishes!

Never let the sink fill up with dishes. I love doing dishes as I'm cooking/baking. If you do them as you go, you'll have less dishes at the end and it won't seem as daunting. 

3. Have a place for everything!

Having a place for everything ensures that you don't have a pile of random things throughout your house. No more stacks of paper on the counter, jackets and shoes laying around, or purses and backpacks hanging over the chairs. 

4. Spot clean!

If you see it, do it. See fingerprints on your window? Take 30 seconds to clean them. Are the countertops dirty? Wipe them down real quick. Is the mirror spotted? Have some windex and paper towels close by for quick and easy cleaning. It'll take you one minute here and there to clean or hours all at once. 

5. Simplify!

Simplify decor and get rid of clutter. Less stuff is less to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment