Monday, June 12, 2017

Make it Monday-Mason Jar Salads

I've been really trying to eat better lately and have found my key to success-at least for me. Lunch is ALWAYS my downfall. I can make a healthy breakfast and dinner as well as eat healthy snacks, but lunch is where I lose my progress. I don't ever have any ideas that just come to me... and I get sick of the same old sandwiches. What I've been doing lately is creating mason jar salads. I make about 2-3 different types each week. I've been sharing with my mom (we take turns making them) and it's helped SO much!

For make it Monday I thought I'd share my 2 I did this week:

BBQ Chicken and Taco Salad

For the BBQ chicken here's what I did (bottom to top):

BBQ Ranch Dressing-mixed equal parts of BBQ sauce and ranch together
Crockpot Chicken- chicken breast, BBQ sauce, crushed pineapple and red pepper flakes
Diced Tomatoes
Corn
Black Beans
Red Onion
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Romaine Lettuce
French's Fried Onions


For the Taco Salad here's my order:

Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing (I use Favorite Family Recipes HERE)
Crockpot Chicken-chicken breast, Italian dressing, cumin, ranch, chili powder and garlic
Corn
Black Beans
Homemade Pico
Mexican Blend Cheese
Romaine Lettuce
Tortilla Strips


All you need to do is dump all the ingredients into a bowl and toss the salad! So yummy and helps me stay on track.






No comments:

Post a Comment