Friday, February 3, 2017

Favorite Friday-5 Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Add to your Rotation

I hate waking up and having to decide what I should eat for breakfast. Until I had some go-to healthy recipes, it was always a struggle. For our "Favorite Friday" I thought I'd share my 5 favorites breakfasts. Bonus=they're mostly quick and easy!

1. Granola, Greek Yogurt and Berries

Simple and easy! Just get your favorite granola and mix with your favorite berries-fresh and frozen. Add some greek yogurt and you're good! Sometimes I like to add honey as well.


2. Ham and Egg Muffin

I like this when I'm craving something savory. Just toast a whole wheat English muffin, fry an egg, add your favorite cheese (my fave is swiss) and ham and you're good to go!

3. Breakfast Skillet-Full Recipe found HERE

This is something I make every couple of weeks. I like to double the recipe and store some in the freezer so I can just pull it out when I'm in a rush. It takes a little time to prepare the initial time, but it's delicious and hearty!


4. Peanut Butter Toast

This is probably what I eat most. I use Dave's Killer Bread for the toast. I add sliced bananas, a drizzle of honey and some cinnamon. I like to eat the berries with it too.


5. Breakfast Burritos

These are so versatile cause you can just use what you have on hand. I typically use a whole grain tortilla. I add scrambled eggs, sweet potato hash (just shredded sweet potato cooked with coconut oil), salsa and I'll sometimes add some chicken sausage or bacon! Top with cheese and it's complete.



I hope you try some and have some new go to favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment