Monday, January 30, 2017

Make it Monday-Collage Wall!

We are so excited to announce... we'll be having theme days and posting something different every week day!! We will take turns on posting, so you're sure to get some variety! For Mondays, we will be showing you how to make something-or give a simple tutorial on something we've made! First up is my gallery wall! Of course I found something on Pinterest that inspired me, but I made it my own and wanted to share with all of you!

I love how simple, yet elegant it is. It fills up a whole wall and I get to cherish some of my most favorite memories!

Tutorial:

1.Measure your wall to figure out what size/how many frames you'll need. I had a fairly large wall and liked the look of a square frame so I purchased 12x12 frames. I also kept the matting in to give it more of a classic look.
2. Print your pictures. This might be the hardest part! I decided to use some of our most memorable moments together as a family. Some of them include, wedding, births, vacations, and of course my favorite pictures of my kids! Some fun ideas might be landscapes of places you've been, a picture of your children from each year, classic black and white photos from one photo shoot.
3. Frame your pictures
4. Measure out your wall. Decide how much space you want in between each of your frames and divide accordingly.
5. Hang your frames. You can either use nails or command strips. Most of the people in my area use command strips to hang their pictures, but we are a nail family. haha! I think my husband gets satisfaction from hammering the nails in or something!
6. Enjoy your pictures! I pass by mine every day and love looking at them!


No comments:

Post a Comment